Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.31 23:46:00 - [1]

Ran the Guristas version of this last night in my standard Retribution setup, took a few jumpouts (hot tip for the day - rats don't give a proverbial's if you shoot their mates, but if you open up on that shiny new missile turret they're still paying off the loan on, they get decidedly agitated) on the first pocket and one on the second to have a think about the gun turrets, but otherwise pretty much in keeping with what I'd expected.

Room for a couple of observations here. First, it does seem fairly clear that the Guristas version is nicely balanced and the Angel version is a wee bit overpowered.
Second, unless you have a spectacularly horrible agent or the payout system is somehow broken, "I didn't expect it to be that hard" is a daft thing to say. I was offered the mission, I checked the details, I saw that the mission timer was six hours, the payout was 2mil and the LP reward was just under 2k, and I loaded my ship for bear. Those numbers should be a pretty clear indication that it's going to be trickier than the usual two hour/500k/300LP stuff...
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius
Octavian Vanguard

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.31 23:46:00 - [2]

Ran the Guristas version of this last night in my standard Retribution setup, took a few jumpouts (hot tip for the day - rats don't give a proverbial's if you shoot their mates, but if you open up on that shiny new missile turret they're still paying off the loan on, they get decidedly agitated) on the first pocket and one on the second to have a think about the gun turrets, but otherwise pretty much in keeping with what I'd expected.

Room for a couple of observations here. First, it does seem fairly clear that the Guristas version is nicely balanced and the Angel version is a wee bit overpowered.
Second, unless you have a spectacularly horrible agent or the payout system is somehow broken, "I didn't expect it to be that hard" is a daft thing to say. I was offered the mission, I checked the details, I saw that the mission timer was six hours, the payout was 2mil and the LP reward was just under 2k, and I loaded my ship for bear. Those numbers should be a pretty clear indication that it's going to be trickier than the usual two hour/500k/300LP stuff...
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius

Posted - 2005.09.08 18:12:00 - [3]

It's not a bug it's something that always happened, but they changed it in the last patch.
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius
Octavian Vanguard

Posted - 2005.09.08 18:12:00 - [4]

It's not a bug it's something that always happened, but they changed it in the last patch.
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius

Posted - 2005.09.14 23:32:00 - [5]

Needs more tank, IMO. I know the latest fad is to have huge plates and that's fine for PvP, but for PvE I'm still of the opinion that being able to tank indefinitely is preferable to simply having lots of hitpoints; the only time I'd consider plates for agents is if I knew I couldn't tank all the damage. I'm not a BS pilot (I do L3s in a Retri) so I'm by no means definitive here but I'd be leaning towards a T2 large rep, a T2 med rep and some active hardners if you can match them up to the damage types.
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius
Octavian Vanguard

Posted - 2005.09.14 23:32:00 - [6]

Needs more tank, IMO. I know the latest fad is to have huge plates and that's fine for PvP, but for PvE I'm still of the opinion that being able to tank indefinitely is preferable to simply having lots of hitpoints; the only time I'd consider plates for agents is if I knew I couldn't tank all the damage. I'm not a BS pilot (I do L3s in a Retri) so I'm by no means definitive here but I'd be leaning towards a T2 large rep, a T2 med rep and some active hardners if you can match them up to the damage types.
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius

Posted - 2005.09.21 12:24:00 - [7]

Thing is, L3s are hard in cruisers and easy in AFs. Making cruiser missions a challenge for AFs isn't gonna work unless you just have loads of high-power anti-frig weapons that don't hurt cruisers much, and I doubt you're gonna get AFs working in missions designed for BS
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius
Octavian Vanguard

Posted - 2005.09.21 12:24:00 - [8]

Thing is, L3s are hard in cruisers and easy in AFs. Making cruiser missions a challenge for AFs isn't gonna work unless you just have loads of high-power anti-frig weapons that don't hurt cruisers much, and I doubt you're gonna get AFs working in missions designed for BS
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius

Posted - 2005.09.26 22:44:00 - [9]

Rumour has it that the sentries do more damage the further away you are. I have no idea how that's supposed to work though.
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius
Octavian Vanguard

Posted - 2005.09.26 22:44:00 - [10]

Rumour has it that the sentries do more damage the further away you are. I have no idea how that's supposed to work though.

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240517/2305
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.